Much to the chagrin of Marn's mom and sister, Candace, here are a few "in the moment" shots when we broke the news to them... Enjoy! :)
Marn's parents came over to have a latte after breakfast, so we used the time to trick them into a picture with the "new lattes".
Processing....
"Whaaaa?!"
(I don't know how to type what she was screaming here)
"are you pregnant?" (she got it right away)
"laughing and crying"
"crying..."Unfortunately, we didn't get any photo's when we broke the news to my Mom, Teresa, Branko, Tony, Lisa and the kids at our dinner table, or Dad and Barb's reaction at Breakfast the next morning.
Marn said, after Branko offered the table some wine, "I'm sorry I can't have any, I'm expecting".
Teresa (the clairvoyant one) said, "I knew it!", while Mom screamed and hugged Marn.
Dad got it almost right away when I said, "so, it looks like we'll be celebrating another birthday in September"... it took a second or two, but when it clicked, he had a big smile and looked at Marn who smiled back, to which he gave two "thumbs up" and an "alright"!
It was a fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment