Don't you hate it when you have a 3 day weekend, but it feels like you hardly had one? That was this weekend for me... Marn on the other hand has a 5-day weekend - I'll explain later.
Friday started nicely as we slept in until about 9:30 (Echo has finally learned how to sleep in, and MOST days will sleep as long as we want unless he really has to go out), but by the time we got up and about, ate and cleaned up a bit, we had to start getting ready to go to Marn's parents for our Easter dinner. So we left for that at about 2.... got home later then called my Sister in BC to wish them a happy Easter (we missed the kids as they were in bed already) and Den a Happy Birthday, and chatted with her until 12:30am.
Saturday we didn't have much planned other than to clean the house and look at a central vac (see post below), drop in at Costco and if time permitted, look for tile (yes, we're still looking for tiles and backsplash). We had a nice sleep in again and got rolling at around 12 after breakfast and a bit of cleaning up. First stop was the central vac place where we decided to buy it -- so now all I wanted to do was go home and start installing! We dropped it off at the house, then went to Costco which was an absolute ZOO. It felt like Christmas time it was so packed, and an older lady beside me even said it felt busier than Christmas. That was supposed to be a quick in and out, but took 2 hours. By the time that was done, we didn't want to look for tile, so we decided to go home where I would start doing the vac. Well, as soon as we pulled in, Marn's sister calls and asked if I could come over to help move a couch out of their house and into storage as they're getting ready to stage it for selling. The vac will have to wait...
We ate, then went over. 7:00pm by the time we leave, and another day is gone, but I was determined to get that vac started!
So I did, and worked until 12:30am completing the "dry-fit" as much as I could do without gluing. Marn on the other hand had fell asleep watching a movie upstairs. But I had to demo it for her - I doubt she remembered anything. I had to settle down a bit before going to bed, though, so I played some Playstation until about 1:30am... ugh
Sunday we slept in only a little bit (8:30) as we were going to Marn's parents again to see the kids search for eggs and for breakfast.... left at 1pm, raced home and took Echo out for a quick run at the park, showered and got ready to go to Mom's for Easter dinner #2 (Mom totally over-did it). Teresa and Branko couldn't make it, but that didn't stop mom from making turkey, ham, potatoes, corn, asparagus, broccoli, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and cheese, buns, dutch apple pie, molten lava cake, ice cream..... I might be missing something, but it was a crazy amount of food! But SO GOOD.
When we left we thought we'd stop in to Dad's for a "quick" visit.... 2 hours later we needed to get home for Echo - I felt bad because we hardly spent much time with him this weekend as we were so busy with doing other things and only got to the park once. I think tonight first thing we'll do is take Echo to the trail to have a good run.
So anyway, about Marn. She has Thursday-Monday off. Thursday because she is starting a new work schedule where she gets every 2nd Friday off, and since Good Friday was a holiday, and last week was the first week of the new schedule, she got Thursday off instead. Being a Government worker, she gets today off as well. So talk about a nice break for her!
She is taking a slight pay-cut to get the Friday off every 2nd week, however, but it should be nice for her... she is planning to use that extra day to keep on top of the chaotic place that is our house. First stop; the soon-to-be baby's room, then basement, then garage. We need to de-clutter and organize big time!
No comments:
Post a Comment