Monday, April 04, 2011

Florida!

Well, we made it.  The plane ride down was fine, despite some of the "issues" that Southwest Airlines is having. None of them affected us. If you haven't heard, try googling it! (Holes in 2 different plane's fuselage, grounding 300+ flights...)
Getting across the border in Buffalo, the guard asked Violet the first few questions like, Who's driving?, Who's sitting beside him?, and who's in the seat beside you?  She asked a lot of questions, some strange some normal, but in the end no trouble getting through.  It took us about an hour to get through the line though - made us a little bit nervous getting to the airport, but we had no issues.

The place that Marn's parents rented is right on the beach, one floor up and a great view of the beach and ocean.  Unfortunately, I was not feeling well on Thursday night (cold sweats all night, sore throat, sore muscles), but feeling better by Friday night.  I was NOT happy about this because we've been avoiding getting sick for the last 2+ months as everyone around us has been sick on and off.  It figures that I'd get it right before vacation....  And now, Monday morning, Marnie woke up not feeling well, sore throat, achy body.  Great!!!  I'm feeling much better, still not 100%.  Thankfully we don't think any of the kids have gotten it, although Violet's been a little stuffed up the past few days.  Off to the beach in a bit now that marn woke up and is feeling a bit better.

I'll upload some pics later on

1 comment:

  1. Cool! How fun!

    The border crossing reminds me of the time years ago when the guard asked Madison "Who's this?" and pointed to me. Madison said "Adrienne". The guard said "And what do YOU call her?". Luckily, Madison said "Mom". Den and I laughed as we drove away. Leave it to Madison to say Adrienne so formally.....

    Have fun. Hope Marn's thing is short lived!

    ReplyDelete