First Easter with 2 kiddies was pretty fun this year. Desmond was his usual self - happy and smiley (even with a cold), and Violet was super cute running around collecting a trail of chocolate eggs into her basket that lead to a small cache of treats and presents. Funnily enough, she pretty much didn't even notice the presents - just the eggs and other small things like her "lipstick" (chapstick) and princess bandaids. Yes, princess bandaids she's been asking the Easter Bunny to bring for weeks. She puts them on for the fun of it, no cuts to cover or anything practical like that. She just likes to wear them. She can even see through the covers enough to know which is which (Aurora, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, etc) and "sorts" them. Her fascination with Princesses and Pink are getting out of control, but it's so stinking cute sometimes! (Sometimes!!)
We bought the movie Tangled for her which she saw in at the movies with Marn, Candace and Sadie, and now (because we've told the story a few times to different people) every time she sees or hears us talking about the movie, she looks at me, starts laughing and says "you thought the horse was Yogi Bear!" If you didn't hear the story; I was told they were going to see Yogi Bear that day and not told anything different. So at bed time that night, I was asking Violet about the movie and she kept saying something about a funny horse.... and I kept correcting her that it wasn't a horse, it was a bear! After many, many corrections and confusion she was convinced that it was a bear - until the next day when Marn told me they went to see Tangled! When she told me, I just started laughing as everything made sense.... Marn was confused as to why Violet kept saying there was a bear in the movie!
Violet didn't want to wear the bunny ears this year like last year (I think because they are blue and not pink), so Desmond got them and wore them without complaint. At Mom's after some attention he got with them, she tried them on for a bit, but it didn't last long...
Here are a few pics... we mostly video taped this year at our house and I forgot our camera for Mom's house - I miss the pictures, though, so I'll be sure to take more pics than video for next functions! These 2 were borrowed from Teresa who's camera ran out of battery 5 minutes into photo taking.... ! I'll update later with more that I find.


No comments:
Post a Comment