Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Smart Cutie

Violet is so darn cute these days... it's just too much sometimes.  Almost everything out of her mouth is too adorable that we wish we could just bottle up her personality right now.
Last night at dinner, she and I were sitting at the dinner table eating dinner while Marn was in the kitchen just finishing up getting her plate ready.  Violet and I had a "quiet moment" just sitting there waiting for Marn when all the sudden Violet says to me, "So, how was your day?"  I just melted and laughed.  It's funny because it's what Marn asks me almost every night at the table, but since she wasn't there, Violet thought to ask...  and even more funny because she started it with, "So"...  Not just "how was your day?", "So, how was your day?" as if to break the ice or something.

At night when putting her to bed, we have a bit of a routine; washroom, brushing teeth, washing hands, hug and kiss mom (and now Desmond), to bed with some books, then I lay down with her (snuggles) and talk about her day and how to relax with deep breathing and thoughts of her day, sometimes with some back or tummy tickies, or as Marn would say, tick ticks.  So last night (and the last few nights), she was having a hard time going down and when I told her I was leaving, she yells out, "No, I want to talk about your day with me!".  So I gave in and went back again, laid with her and she asks me again how my day was and I ask her about her day with mom for a bit.  She then says, "in your nose" - takes a deep breath - "and out your mouth" - big exhale...  too funny.  I try to get her to close her eyes thinking about the day quietly while doing that, and a lot of times it works really well.... her breathing in a matter of minutes (seconds?) gets really deep and rhythmic.  When that happens, I can whisper to her good night and she leans over for a kiss and says good night, then rolls over for the night.  Sometimes.  Sometimes it's a lot in and out getting her to sleep, but it's not usually too bad - or I'm just used to it!

Just before bed last night she was playing in her toy room (sun room). I came in to get her and saw that she had teary eyes and was rubbing them, so I asked what was wrong.  She said, "I'm crying".  I said that I saw that, but why are you crying?  She pronounced to me, "I'm pooing!".

She's also taken to getting out of bed now and coming out to the living room where we are.  She sort of sneaks out and then stands there waiting for us to notice.  This started about a week or so ago.  Before that she would NEVER get out of bed, so I don't know why she's started doing that, but she knows it's wrong, and when I say to her in a stern voice, back to bed! and walk with her, she busts out huge cries and tears...  I hate that she's started doing that, but when she comes out, she's so fricken cute just standing there with her shoulders shrugged, head down, and eyes up with a look on her face like "I'm up and I'm innocent!"

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days. I never wanted them to end. I so totally know what you mean. Sometimes it doesn't even translate well into a story because it's strung out over a few days and hard to explain. They are SO cute (and clever) at that age. That's why it's my favourite. The good news is that it typically lasts until well into the 3's and sometimes 4's too.

    ReplyDelete