So, I've been looking for snow tires for the BMW this year on kijiji and other places, including new. Quotes for new tires and steel rims came in at $1200-1300, installed and balanced total including tax. Kind of pricey. You can find some for less, but you usually get crappy Chinese tires.
I've probably emailed at least 12 people selling tires on kijiji up until yesterday when I found some for $325 taken from a 3 series BMW (maybe only 2 people emailed back, and most times, the price was 600+). I inquired and asked how many seasons they've been driven on, and he didn't know, but said the tread measured about 8-9/32". These tires new come with 12/32" tread. It's probably safe to say two seasons of use, and have at least 2 more in them.
Needless to say I swung by the guys house after work last night, checked them out and bought them. For about 1/4 of the price of new, I'll take it! I was quoted $1255 for these exact tires on winter steel rims (not even nice aluminium rims) from a local tire place.
Hopefully they work out ok! I'm hoping to get them on the car this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment