Right after my last post on Violet, I received new information about her "abilities".
She does stairs, no problem. Thank you Nancy! (sarcastic) Nancy showed her one time, and since then, has been obsessed with climbing stairs. The other day Marn was upstairs on the computer with her playing, when all the sudden realized that she wasn't beside her anymore, and couldn't see her. If you know our house, you know that there are 3 steps between the bedrooms and great room (play room now). Well Vi decided to truck up there herself and was found in our bedroom crawling around and checking things out. This was not even 1 full day after Nancy "taught" her. That same night, Marn went out to grab something and Vi and I played upstairs. She was constantly trying to go to the stairs to climb them - she had a one track mind and wouldn't stop until she got there. Obviously she doesn't know how to climb down stairs, and is still a bit wobbly on them, but still.... from nothing to full blown stair climbing in one day! On Wednesday evening Nancy and Drew came over to watch her for an hour for us and Nancy let her completely climb the big stairs. Crazy!
I also have to eat my words a little in the previous post because I said that she wasn't furniture walking yet. That night, she pulled herself up on a toy and transfered to another tall toy beside her. So that's pretty much what I consider furniture walking. At the pace she is picking up new getting-around skills, she'll be able to go anywhere she wants in a week.
Her other front tooth has recently popped through as well, so now she the two top and bottom front teeth -- a little beaver. I think because of the teething she has been grumpier than usual. She typically screams when I take her away from Mom, but it only lasts for 30 seconds, then is fine. Last night she would not go down and was up until after 10, fighting most of the night. I'm sure this will get worse as the others start to come in!
No comments:
Post a Comment