This weekend we are going camping for the first time. Marn and I have never been together and we obviously haven't been with Violet before, so we're really looking forward to it. We were invited to go with Candace and Dave and some of their friends, all with kids, so it should be fun. We're hoping to go to the beach one of the days as well since the camp grounds are just north of Grand Bend (we're camping in Goderich).
We're also hoping that the weather warms up! I'm having a love-hate relationship with the weather this summer. I'm loving how cool it's been at night (great sleeping weather and awesome that we've used the A/C only once so far), but I'm hating how cold and rainy it's been during the days as well. It does not feel like summer at all and it's half over! We're also worried about the cold at night during camping. Hopefully it will warm up just a little bit to take the chill out. There have been more than a few times this summer that I've woken up in the morning freezing to the bones (the window is right above our heads in our room) and having to use our winter duvet to stay warm. Some mornings it's felt like you could see your breath if you tried. Not fun camping weather, especially with a baby (or so I assume).
It's also projected to rain again this weekend, like pretty much every weekend so far this year. We're hoping that holds off or is minimized as well!
I recall the last time I went camping. Parker only knew how to crawl, not walk. Campground was dusty/dirty, and he was a complete DISASTER after the day. Bathed him in a plastic tub and he was happy. We made a bed in the back of the truck for him, to keep him out of the bugs and a bit warmer. I'll send you pictures.
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun!