Monday, July 27, 2009

Re: Camping






Generally, it was fun. Did we get rained on? Yep. Did we get sun? Enough to make it to the lake and have some fun. Did we get to have camp fires and all the rest? Yep. Did we get rained on? yep... err, I said that already, but it's worth mentioning again. It rained. A lot. As far as camping goes, the rain really sucked and limited us from a lot of things. Knowing that it was supposed to rain all weekend and going anyway, it didn't turn out too badly.... Lets just say that the rain didn't deter us from ever wanting to go again and there were enough nice breaks in the weather to squeak the scales to the positive side. Violet was fine, but had trouble falling asleep at times, but she was getting antsy because it was so mucky and wet that she hardly ever got to move and crawl around. And when babies are first starting to get around, restricting them is about the worst thing you can possibly do!
Pics later (Marn, nudge, nudge) - wink wink, say no more.

-----------------------------------

In other news, I talked my work into giving me 6 weeks off starting in August. I'll be collecting unemployment during that time, but instead of paternity time, I'll file it as a temporary lay-off so that Marnie can still collect the full amount and keep the full year off. Either way I was taking time off, paternity or not, so this works out really well for both of us. I'm REALLY looking forward to it even though it will go by really fast. I'll be heading back to work on Sept. 14. When I get back, I'll be there for 1 week, then I'm off to Nashville, TN, for a conference for 4 days.
We're hoping to go somewhere and do something while I'm off. We keep tossing around driving out east, or going to Florida for a week, or maybe vacation with Teresa and Branko who need to use up time share points or fly to BC for another visit? Who knows. We want to and need to keep it cheap so options are limited. We do have one week already booked at a cottage (or at least I think we do, or are planning to?) We also have day trips to the beach planned (no dates, just that we definitely want to go a lot!), and trips to the T.O. Zoo, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Camping looks fun (but cold?). Can't get over how different/older Sadie looks!

    We vote for the "or fly to BC for another visit" section of the 'what to do'.

    So are you off now since it's August?

    ReplyDelete