Thursday, November 27, 2008

Violet is 9 weeks old!

Well, mommy was reprimanded for not posting about our little Violet so here goes...
Violet is truly our little angel. But somehow I feel like we are constantly waiting for the halo to drop.
She is starting to have trouble getting to sleep. Andrew and I don't really understand why kiddies fight the sleep when they are ridiculously tired but we have witnessed it will all of our neices and nefews. Last night Andrew cuddled her until she was almost there and put then put her down, I guess we should try to stop with the cradle to sleep but she is only 9 weeks! Violet is still in the bassinet, I think Andrew is ready for her to get into her crib but I am not there yet. I still like to listen for her breathing and get her up before she cries for food. She has the cutest wake-up routine, lots of grunts and shifting in her swaddle, long before she cries.
Violet has been smiling at us for about 3 weeks now. It likely started as mimicing but now she really smiling at us, when she focuses on the face we often get a huge grin. Can't wait for the giggles. Is there anything better than hearing the giggle of a child?
Braeden and Sadie are in love with Violet. When I see them (which is often right now because I hang out there when I go into Waterloo) they insist on seeing Violet. Especially Sadie. She loves to look at Violet and touch and kiss her. And the cutest thing is that Violet always has a smile for Braeden. Seriously, always. Too cute.
Violet has started to coo and goo at us. It is so much fun to sit with her and 'talk' about her day. She has said a number of a-goos and goos. She really looks like she is trying to communicate with you. I love it. When granny (marn's mom) sings to her, it seems like Violet is trying to sing along. Her favorite song right now is 'You are my Sunshine'. Granny sings it to her all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment