Thursday, November 20, 2008

November

Just a quick post....
If this is what November brings us in terms of weather, then what are we in for come January?! This is crazy. I don't remember there being this much snow and cold this early in the year. I believe last year we had one big blast of snow which then melted and stayed away until early January (and then came with vengeance). This year seems different. If you went outside right now, you'd swear it was the middle of Jan. It's bitterly cold, icy and lots of snow that looks like it's been there for months. Some parts of Ontario are expected to receive 45cm of snow today. Yes, 45 cm (1.5 FEET)!! It might make it up to +1 Celsius today, if we're lucky. For over a week it's been well below freezing already, and this weekend is primed to be super-cold. This sucks... I hate the winter. bah!
Our new neighbours across the road busted out their snow blower this morning. It was funny cause it was barely spitting out enough snow to make it worth his while. It's their first house, and he's young and - just a guess here - it's the first time he's used it! Much too eager for me. I refuse to shovel before January unless there's at least 8 inches of the crap. It'll likely warm up and melt anyway, so why expend the energy?

Marn and I decided to equip both of our vehicles with Winter tires this year. Mine were desperately needed, and while she had decent All Season's with about half the tread on them still, we felt we should probably put winter tires on hers as well. Carrying precious cargo, y'know? It was a slightly unexpected $2000 blow to the budget right before Christmas (slightly because we had planned for my tires only). So sadly it's going to be a low-key Christmas as far as gift giving goes this year. Violet is too young to know any different, and we already have quite a lot of stuff for her, thanks to Candace and Dave! Next year will be big. ;) Or if the Boxing Day sales are too good to pass up, maybe then.

I discovered a new band today (new for me, because it looks like they've been around for a while), called The Weepies. As the name might suggest, it's a folky-pop band, female lead singer. Pretty mellow, nice for a rainy day music. Or if you're in Ontario, a cold and snowy November day.
This is the song that made me seek them out: click on Gotta Have You in the myspace music player (#3).
http://www.myspace.com/theweepies

It's a really slow day at work this afternoon. This morning nobody's email worked and it took me 1.5 hours to fix. But since then, dead.

This helps me warm up through the cold:

She could have a ciggy between her fingers. Too funny!

1 comment:

  1. Gee, she looks so much older AGAIN! That's nuts... I'll be getting snow tires this year too. Had a close call last year where I lost complete control... too risky!

    ReplyDelete