Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sunday Shower for Violet

Marnie's sister and Mom held a baby shower for Violet on the weekend (not a surprise shower). It was a lot of fun -- it was meant to be a "drop-in" for a few hours, but most people stayed the entire time. They spent the entire day cleaning up the house in part for the party, and partly because Nancy and Drew are moving into their new house today! They actually got the keys on Monday, but the move is going on right now.

It's going to be so nice for them (and Candace and Dave) to finally get some space and get back into a routine as it's been mayhem since May (!!) when they moved in.
I might take tomorrow off to help them settle in the place and move boxes and furniture around for them. They did hire mover's, though, so most of the furniture should be in the spot that they want. I might also be contracted to install and connect their central vac since I have all the experience now! (It really is pretty easy to do, and I offered to do it...).
Marnie and I went to the new house last weekend before it was finished, and it looked great. It's so nice! It's going to take a long time for it to feel like home to them again, like any new place, but they are really excited about it. If there was one draw-back, it's the backyard and lack of privacy/space that they had at the old house. I think that's going to be the big "downer" to it... they could have spent *only* another $80k to back on to forest on the other side of the lane to get that, though! (includes walk-out basement and deck off the kitchen also). Anyway, these places look really nice, and they really hit a niche in the market as they sold out in record time. I think they were lucky to get in when they did as they've already made money on them (if they hate it and want to sell). Phase 2 has started which is already 90% sold... The biggest plus for them is, all maintenance is done - no shovelling, mowing or gardening, but you can if you want to. The condo fee's cover that which is what the big attraction to these places were.

Anyway, we're really excited for them and Dave and Cand. It's been a LONG time coming! I'll try and get some photo's soon.

At the other house, they have big plans for reno's as well. They aren't sure just what yet or in what order, but they want to redo the kitchen and open it up/expand it a bit. They want to divide the main bathroom upstairs; it's currently a cheater ensuite, so they're hoping to make it a true ensuite, with small main bath for the kids. And the family room downstairs they want to redo. So, I have a feeling that house will be caos for a while yet as these projects will likely take a couple of years to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment