Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Marn's b-day party

Marn's birthday party on the weekend was great. A lot of people showed up which was nice to see -- we weren't sure how many were coming, but estimated that it could have been anywhere from 20-40 people. I think at one point I counted about 35! None of my friends or neighbours showed up, which would have made it almost too busy. There was a good amount of people, and almost everyone fit on the deck (and it didn't break!) It's too bad most of Marn's friends had to leave early because of another event that they were committed to, but we're glad they were able to stop by at least.
Here's a shot of the deck with finished stairs, and at night showing off the pot lights we installed in the steps. We love them!

I had to take Wednesday before the party off to get the steps finished, and then Dad came over later in the day to help with (read: build) the steps up to the sliding door. I wasn't sure if I should use stringers again or build "boxes", but after talking with Dad boxes worked out nicely with the size of wood we're using. I also managed to finish the 2nd section of fence that morning before the party, but these pics don't show that off. We're going to have to go back to the Mennonite to order more fence boards because we'll be short for the 3rd stretch of fence.
Aunt Sue, Uncle Mike, Sarah and Kristi also came to the party which was nice - we don't get to hang out with them as much as I'd like, but hopefully their pool-side bbq will work out this summer. It was Sarah's first visit to the house and it was nice to catch up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment