Wednesday, June 21, 2006

dantry.ca

Well, it's official: I'm creating our breeder's website, and we'll settle up after everything is done.
I've already registered the two names that we discussed on the weekend, dantry.ca and dantrydanes.ca, purchased a site hosting service, asked affiliated website's to update their listings, submitted the site to Google, and put up a basic page with a picture of Angus (that I took and edited) and Danielle's contact info.
View it here and check back in a few weeks while I get it going:
www.dantry.ca

It's going to be pretty basic to begin with, as she just wants information and pictures of her dogs, as well as upcoming litters. When we pick up Echo on the long weekend, she's going to give me a CD with pictures and some text about the dogs, and we'll discuss the layout a little more. She's pretty vague about it when I asked her last time, so I think I'll end up just doing most of it how I think it should be done and then she can tell me "yes" or "no", or whatever.

She does want it to eventually evolve into something where owners can submit photo's of the dogs they bought from her, and I might even add a forum page where people can chat to each other about their experiences with Dantry dogs. Danielle could even post little write ups about feeding, caring for, or whatever.

I'm still in the brain storming stage and determining what I can and can't do with this and how to do the layout, so bear with me. Anyway, it should be be fun (and hopefully not a pain...)

No comments:

Post a Comment