Well, it's done. Finally! (again!)
It went well. Much less painful than last time. I was preparing for the worst, but it wasn't half as painful as last time for what ever reason, and strangely it doesn't really feel like a foreign object in my mouth for once. They did a nice job. The fake tooth itself was pretty cool - I was under the impression that a post would go in first and then cement the fakey to that, but I guess they're all integrated now. The tooth was already attached to the post which had a little hole in the back bottom where they were able to turn the screw to tighten it up into place. it looked exactly like you would picture it; a tooth with a screw coming out of the top. Then just ratchet it into place. It felt weird more than painful this time. The only thing that's bothering me now is it feels very "tight" next to the tooth/teeth on my left. I think probably it's because of a combination of things. My teeth most likely loosened up and spread over the last year having that gap there, the fake tooth is just slightly bigger than before, or that tightness was always there, and I was used to it. Having no tooth there for a year made me forget. whatever the reason, I'm happy with it so far. My Bank Account, however is not....
Before and after pics coming soon!
Yeah for the tooth legacy to be finally over! You must be sooo happy for that. I'm sure the tightness feeling will pass within a week or two. Sort of like when you get a filling and feel the weirdness in your mouth for the first little while.... can't wait to see pics! I bet you can't wait to chomp into a big steak! :o)
ReplyDelete