Oh, how I hate (old) cars.... took mine to the shop today for an oil change and to diagnose a noise in the front.... Power steering rack is gone and leaking everywhere, and BOTH front bearings need to be done. I asked him how this is possible since I've already had 5 bearings done on the car in the last few years, and 3 of which were by them. One of those fronts has been done TWICE already, and will be THREE times now. He said he doesn't know why this car seems to be burning through bearings like this. Sweet. I'm so glad we decided to keep this car. Great timing too since we just bought a new washer and dryer, and Echo's going for his checkup on Friday which usually costs about $500 (because heart-worm pills, etc).
I guess I'll also keep the winter tires on all summer again -- I was looking for a cheap pair of summer tires.... not now!
Update:
I told them to hold off on the bearings as I can deal with a little road noise if they're not going to fall off...
So it should be cheaper, but it still doesn't feel good to spend that kind of money!
yes, it does....
ReplyDeleteand even with taking the bearing out of the repair, it was STILL WAY more than we thought and quoted. SO MAD!