Well, the home inspection went well. There were 2 "issues" that they wanted addressed. The first, they said that the sump pump was not working. So after being told that, I went down to check it out and it seemed to be working fine after giving the float a little shake. I messed with it for 5 minutes, and every time it worked. So I don't know what they were doing, but cross that off the list.
The other issue was in the electrical panel. We had another outdoor outlet put in for the backyard, and when the guy who installed it ran it in the panel, he didn't have the correct breaker, so he just tapped into the existing outdoor GFI circuit. Apparently, you're not allowed to "double-tap" that kind of circuit, so we need to get a breaker and move that line to it. About a $30 fix, hopefully.
Thankfully, they didn't notice the window sill I was talking about yesterday! It makes me think that the inspector they hired didn't do a very thorough job. The bricks are visibly deteriorated and easy to spot as a potential problem, and the sump pump took me 5 seconds to "get working".
Anyway, I was under the impression that they had financing worked out already, but apparently not. They still need to confirm that and have the lawyer look over the deal, then we go firm with it. They need to do that by October 10; the time that our new house needs to go firm.
No comments:
Post a Comment