Monday, April 06, 2009

Weather

Yesterday was t-shirt weather. Everyone was outside playing, doing yard work, enjoying the sun.... today? 10-15 cm of snow by the end of the day!! WTH?! It's April, enough with the snow! Man, I hate this about Ontario. The mood swings of mother nature can be so drastic. It's no wonder everyone's sick around here.
I was in the front yard with Echo raking the lawn, trying to get all the dead grass up (Echo was tied up, otherwise he'd be running around the court like an idiot with slobber flying everywhere, terrorizing the kids). I was literally in a t-shirt and sweating. I managed to get most of the dead garden stuff cleaned up as well which was neglected last fall.
The backyard, on the other hand is still a mush-pot and will have to wait until we have at least a week of no rain/snow and lots of sun for it to dry up. I hate that about our backyard. The water doesn't drain anywhere due to the clay content. And because Echo was tied up in the front itching to run after the other dogs (off leash, but not coming near him) and kids, as soon as I let him off in the backyard, he burned around for 5-10 minutes tearing the crap out of the lawn and getting muck everywhere. uggh!!
Whoever told us that Danes are calm and gentle is a horrible liar. He's almost 3, and yet by his behaviour, you'd think he was turning 1.

Today I have huge blisters on my thumbs from the raking and my shoulders are sore. That will learn me for doing manual labour... I'm an IT guy, in front of the screen all day - hands aren't ready for this kind of abuse! ;-)
ok, ok, it's just a reminder that I need to start getting back into shape - Marn and I are going to attempt to do this P90X workout (minus the eating plan). It's like a 90-day boot camp (but they don't use that term). It's made up of 12 DVD's, each it's own type of workout. It's big on what they call "muscle confusion". So when your body gets comfortable with an excersize, they switch it up, keeping your body on it's toes, so to speak. It looks very, very hard, and I'm not sure how we're going to do it yet - you need an hour every day for it, as well as a few items that we don't have, like chin-up bar. Anyway, it should be good once we get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment