It's a full time job, and never stops. Both Marn and I hate doing it. With a (male) Dane, the cleaning becomes more frequent, or should...
Yesterday it felt like I was cleaning all day. Well, I was, but spread throughout the morning and early afternoon. Between playing with and entertaining Violet when Marn was out, or watching Echo for any signs of puke/diarrhea emergencies (Why does my spell check want to spell that, diarrhoea? OH! Canada/UK spelling Vs. USA) Yes, he's still not feeling well and is back on the Med's he was on when we were gone.
I felt like I was cleaning all day, and hardly getting anywhere. Our house needs a really good cleaning. Partly because it's getting to be spring, and the house always needs it after a long winter, and partly because we both hate cleaning/laundry and it doesn't get done as often as it should. I didn't get beyond the downstairs, but I did manage to mop all of the floors and vacuum the rugs, kitchen, clean/condition the leather couches and do the dishes/load/unload the dishwasher.... and that's about it. I had to stop to start getting ready for dinner -- Mom, Tony, Lisa and the kids came over for dinner. It doesn't sound like much, and there are a LOT more tasks to do (the window sills are really irking me right now, they're so filthy).
I didn't get to, what we affectionately call, "Slobber Patrol", which is needed badly, especially after yesterday. Echo sometimes drives us crazy with the amount of drool, and frequent head shaking sending it everywhere. He was in fine form last night with all the excitement around him. The worst part of that is his slobber dries to a nice black splat on the walls and, yes, sometimes even ceilings, which is very hard to get off (it takes the "California" stucco off with it when wet)! As much as we love him, we'll never get a male Dane again... Marn was going to try and do Slobber Patrol today if she had time.
Now with Violet becoming more and more active, it's going to be a harder and more important job to keep on top of all the cleaning. I think our problem is, we'll clean and then not keep on top of it to make the task less daunting. It's a problem that we both concede to and need to change!
Why are cleaning ladies so expensive? Because no one else wants to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment