Monday, April 20, 2009

Our little miss



It's official, Vi has become our little miss.
For the first time last Wednesday, Violet cried when I took away something that she wanted. She looked right at the toy, right at me then started to wail. I didn't know she had it in her and truthfully I wish she wouldn't do it (I know, I know, it is a developmental milestone, yada yada yada). Now she does it all the time. Ugh.
She is progressing with her eating habits, opening her mouth now...most of the time. She does make this face (above) every time she has something with a little bit of texture (other than rice cereal) and it makes me smile, every time still. She loves baby mum mum rice crackers. Yesterday she tried them for the first time. I was nervous when she bit off a larger piece and tried to take it away, she cried, and cried until she got it back. Ugh. As much as I don't love the fussy, it is fun that she has a new way to communicate with us. She is always telling us what she likes and doesn't like through smiles and cries. She has also started a very high pitched squeal. Cute right now, but I think over time it might start to hurt the ears.
She does the face scrunchy nose breathing ALL THE TIME. I think it has to do with her nose being stuffed from being sick. At least I hope that is what it is from as you can't go 5 minutes without hearing it multiple times. She thinks it is very funny if I imitate her noises, loud nose breathing included. On a less happy note, we also had a day of thinking biting mommy during feeding was funny. Tried the pushing her head into my breast to discourage her...she thought that was the funniest, laugh out loud thing. So I tried the 'you are hurting mommy' face, still quite amusing to my little one. I went to the firm NO. Don't know if it worked or she got tired of the feeding interruptions but she has stopped (I know this might just be for now, but let me ride with it as the biting hurts so much it made me cry).
She is also a little woman on the go. She can easily roll from front to back and back to front. She turns herself in circles on the floor (time to move the crib down) and rocks back and forth when she is on her hands and knees. She has pushed herself back a few times but mostly she just gets frustrated right now and plops down on her belly to interact with all the toys. She also loves to fold in half to chew on her socks (while they are on her feet still). It is a bonus if she gets them off and can bring them to her mouth. Too cute.
Vi loves reading now. She has started to really look at all the pictures and she looks up at you when you are reading to her.

Carey brought Mya over last week and I was not fast enough with the camera to catch the initial interaction. I sat them down, far enough away from each other (or so I thought) and gave them some toys. As I was walking to get the camera I turn to see Vi yank the soother out of Mya's mouth and see Mya latch her fist on the Vi's hair. Ahhhh, her first fight! Just kidding, I think that Vi was curious and Mya likes to grab hair and is not allowed to touch her sisters!

Oh and just if anyone was wondering, it is not fun cloth diapering when they start eating solids. It is not fun and I can't bring myself to stick my hand in the toilet. Is that so wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment