I can't believe that Christmas is one week away!
Even with all the snow, cold, shopping and decorations around me, I still don't feel like it's this close. I'm not sure why, but it just doesn't FEEL like Christmas this year... yet, anyway.
Last weekend we chopped down our Christmas tree, put it up and decorated it. That usually helps me get in the mood, but it didn't really this time. I don't know what's wrong with me this year? Maybe it's the economy and the poor outlook at work for the next six months to a year? The terrible RRSP "performance" from the past year or more? Maybe it's because we're not spending a lot on gifts for each other? I dunno, but it better change, and quick!
We are doing a Christmas dinner with our friends Chris and Carey this Saturday. The first of what we're hoping will turn into a little tradition between our families. Then Sunday is the first Christmas for the family at my Dad's house -- also the shortest day of the year, come on summer! :)
So if after this weekend, it STILL doesn't feel like Christmas, then maybe I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and we'll need to book the next flight out of here and into the sun like a few of my siblings!! No, we're not jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment