Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Floor Pics

I suppose I should post some pics of the (basically finished) kitchen floor since I've been talking about it for so long... So here they are!


Sorry about the messy counter top...


This is the living room/kitchen border that I still need to finish. There is a bit of a lip (drop) that is hidden because of the over-lapping carpet, but that was intentional as the (eventual) hardwood will come pretty close to even as the porcelain.



And a reminder of how the floor used to look vs. the new one:



We think it looks MUCH better, and even more so in person.

The only thing missing in these pics now is the awesome island/cupboard that we got from Marn's parents. That sits out from the little bit of counter to the right of the stove. I'll try and get a picture of that when everything is done. Other than the rug transition, the "kick plates" under the counters need to be trimmed to account for the shorter space/higher floor, and I haven't yet sealed the grout.

Next up, backsplash!

Goodbye, crappy floor:

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Bet you're thrilled it turned out so well after such a long process!

    ReplyDelete