Saturday we went to Teresa's house for a fathers day BBQ, but we weren't sure that Dad and Barb were going to make it! Dad had a big 1-day sale with Princess Cruises so he was busy with that, but they came a little after we got there.
It was a fun afternoon and the weather was amazing. We ate on their patio and learned about (illegal) Croatian Walnut Trees, and ate some sort of sausage made from pork, lamb and beef. (Cevapcici?) Delicious! I will be making these some time....maybe.
Sunday morning we went out for breakfast with Marn's family and then everyone came back to our house for latte's. It was also a nice visit, although short because Dave and Candace had to head out to his parents place that afternoon. Marn's parent's stayed a little while longer and visited.
When they left, I received an "almost-father's-day" gift from Marn. :) It was a little electric shaver and the Blu-Ray movie, "V For Vendetta", which I LOVED. We were looking for it for Christmas, but it wasn't out on Blu-Ray yet. I'm looking forward to watching that again, this time in HD!
7 months ago we bought a PS3 using our Air Miles points, and at the time, when you bought any Blu-Ray player, you qualified for 5 free Blu-Ray movies (you got to pick 5 from a weak list). Well, we filled the form out and sent it off, expecting them to come in a few weeks. Weeks turned to months, months turned to many months, and I pretty much wrote it off as it wasn't going to happen, as with MOST mail-in rebates. Well, Thursday night of last week, we got a notice on the door from Canada Post. We couldn't think of what it would be (totally forgot about the movies), so I went to the post office (/variety store/bakery/restaurant/ice cream shop - gotta love small towns...), and sure enough, it was them! I picked, The Prestige, Full Metal Jacket, Stir of Echoes, S.W.A.T., and Flight of the Phoenix. Like I said the picks weren't stellar, but they were free and I'm not complaining!
We also rearranged our bedroom Sunday night. The bed now comes out from the window in the middle of the room, and the dresser was moved out (not sure where that's going yet). We had two smaller dressers from Marn's old house/room that are now along the shared wall where the bed was, and have only one night table on Marn's side of the bed. Echo's bed is along the wall beside the entrance now along with the TV (sitting on a sewing table which is temporary).
It makes the room feel and look so much bigger, although, it seems more cramped to get at the dresser drawers since they're alongside the bed.
I'm not sure how this new arrangement is going to go because the air vent for heating and air conditioning is under that window - now under the bed. We haven't had to use the AC for a few days now, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if it blocks too much air. I also don't like how the curtains now get hung up on the bed when trying to open or close them. Marn likes the new arrangement because she now has a direct line to the bathroom and doesn't have to walk over Echo in the middle of the night.
The baby's room is coming along OK. We are nearly done clearing out the old crap that has piled up over the years. Marn's gone into purge mode on most of things that were cluttering up that room (like university notes and text books!). I still have to clean the carpet (from "the Incident") and move the storage containers into the basement. We're thinking about taking the doors off the closet, because the way they open is awkward in that small room, and replace them with a cloth curtain. When Teresa is over this weekend, she's going to help us with some of the painting idea's that Marn has. We still need to buy a change table and crib, but other than that, we're OK.
We'll both feel better when this room is done. I had grandeur plans of having the back splash, foyer and mud room tiled before the baby came as well, but that likely won't happen. Maybe the back splash and/or foyer because those are small areas and shouldn't take too long... famous last words. I think we need to get the back splash done before anything else. It was supposed to be done before the floor...
No comments:
Post a Comment