Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kitchen Floor

Hopefully this weekend we'll be done with the kitchen floor and will have pics to post. We've now gone 4 weeks (coming up on 5) without a stove or dishwasher and it's driving us nuts. Mind you, for 1 week and 3 of those weekends we've been out of town, but still! There's only so long you can go with eating cold, microwaved, or BBQ'd dinners...
I have all the edge pieces cut and ready to go. I just need to find a few hours to set them and let dry, then on to grouting and finishing up. So far, it looks great - I did mess up one section, but it's not too noticeable. When I was placing the tiles, I didn't realize that I was pushing too hard against the already laid tiles, causing them to shift all the way down the line. I noticed it the next morning and was quite mad about it. Not enough to rip them out and redo it though as I'm sure I would have caused other damage and hassle. A light grout will help hide it so not to worry (but it'll still bother me). The plan is to put the remaining tiles down on Friday night, and then do the grout on Sunday.

On Saturday we have another wedding - the 3rd wedding in a row, again in Toronto, but this time we're not staying the night. After that, we'll be done with weddings until August when my friend Louise and Kevin are married, and hopefully that will be the end of them for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment