Monday, May 26, 2008

3rd weekend in a row

for a wedding, that is. This one was in Toronto again at the lovely time of 11 in the morning. With reception to follow . . . . . at 5:30! This one was another of Marn's high school friends. We are done with weddings now until 08/08/08. Nice date to remember, that one.

I was up until 2:30 in the morning on Friday (Saturday) trying to get the floor finished as planned, but didn't quite have enough in me to do it. I actually stopped because I ran out of mortar, and didn't want to mix another batch, otherwise I would have pressed on. It was tough getting up the next morning for the wedding, though. We had to be out of the house at 9:30 in order to get there on time.
For the time between wedding and reception, we drove to Oakville to visit Marn's Great Aunt Irene (her Grandma's sister) and Uncle Drum to see their new place - a 10th floor lake-front condo 30 feet from the lake with an amazing unobstructed view of both the lake and marina. They are really fun to be around and were really excited to have us over, giving us a big tour of the place, facilities and beautiful grounds.

Sunday Morning I finished the kitchen floor and I'll be getting grout tonight and hopefully doing that as well. We have Marn's friends from Australia coming for a night on the weekend, so we want to have the kitchen back to "normal" by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment