Monday, April 28, 2008

Floor Progress and Baby Bumps

Well, the floor this weekend went pretty well. All but 2 full tiles are down; the rest all require cutting or some sort, so I didn't get to those in favour of progress on the "easy" ones. I say "easy" with quotes because tiling is not something that I will label as easy ever again. It's HARD on the body!! My knees and back are just not cut out for it. My knees are bruised, (even having worn knee pads) as well as some knuckles from pressing down the tiles, I imagine - I wasn't punching them, I swear.
Spending 2 days (with more in sight) on my hands and knees, covered in thin set, is not a fun way to spend a weekend.
But, if the floor finishes nicely (and holds up!) it'll be well worth it. I have some pics, but not with me, so I'll update with a couple on the next update.


Marn was in Montreal all weekend with the girls for Jane's stagette party. Why Montreal? I don't know, but they all had fun. They all commented on how big her belly was and couldn't believe that she was only 5 months (approx). She was a trooper with the party girls, though, and even managed to stay up until 3am Saturday night! (a mighty feat, lately).
Anyway we are VERY excited about our first real upcoming ultra-sound this week! After hearing the heartbeat twice already, we're really looking forward to seeing it.
The first time we heard the heart beat it was in the 150's, second time ~134 - our midwife said she thinks it's a boy. Apparently "they say" a low heartbeat is indicative of a male while higher rate is female. I'm sure Marn will be studying the monitor during the ultra-sound to get some hints! She still wants to find out, while I'm absolutely against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment