It seems like forever ago now since our last vacation, but sadly, it was only 2 months ago! With all the snow and freezing temps we've had over the last couple of weeks, and with even more snow expected this week, I'm ready for another! Or at the very least, I'm ready for spring...
It's crazy. I'm running out of room to put the stuff, we've had so much lately. I'm going to take some photos of our driveway, because the snowbanks are now taller than me. Yes, they're about 6 and a half feet high. At least. It's like how we remember when we were kids, but we were only 3 feet tall then. I feel 3 feet tall next to the snow banks now!
If we didn't have that huge melt a few weeks ago right after an enormous dumping of snow (EVERYTHING melted - no snow at all), I don't know what we'd do with it. The banks at that point were already 4 feet tall, but "luckily" they all melted to make way for the incredible amount we're getting now. My banks are so high now that they won't take anymore (it won't stay up), and I can't lift it that high much longer, so they're just going to the sides and making our driveway narrower.
I read Toronto got 20cm last night, and that it will take 2 weeks before some parts of the city will be cleared. I don't think we got quite as much as that, but I'm sure over the last week or two, we've gotten much more than they.
So if anyone has a lead on a good used snow blower, you know who to call - me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment