Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Golf Tournament

Yesterday, I went to the annual golf tournament put on my our Satellite provider, Shaw Tracking.
It's always an excellent tournament with lots of prizes and food. Yesterday was no exception. In past years, we were given a golf club (rescue club), poker set, golf rain gear... This year the gift for coming was a jacket made of that "neoprene" type material. You know the kind? It's not neoprene, but feels like it. It's an expensive jacket, and really nice! They've been trying to turn the tournament into a fund raiser for Juvenile Diabetes the last couple of years too, so in order to win prizes and be eligible for the prize holes, you had to donate $20. So I did, because you never know when a good golf shot is around the corner...
Anyway, I'm usually in contention for the long drive holes, and occasionally the closet to the pin holes - but those usually are less than 1 or 2 feet that end up winning. About half way through the day for us, we came up to the hole-in-one/closest to the pin hole. The prizes were a 2 year lease on an Acura MDX for a hole in one, and 4gb iPod Nano for closest to the pin. I didn't win the car... But I did win the iPod! I was 4-5 feet from the car, but the shot was good enough the rest of the day and I won! First time I've ever won for a closest to the pin, as I have won the long drive in the past. My drive's were garbage yesterday, and didn't come close to having a chance at those.

Anyway, I'd like to sell it and get the MP3 player that I want, but I think Marn wants to keep it.... so, Happy Birthday, Marn!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment