Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Spoke Too Soon

Who knew that Danes could read blogs? After my lengthy post about how well he's been doing with house training and that he hadn't had an accident in the house since last Wednesday, Echo pee'd upstairs - and on Marnie's first watch!
I don't get this one... He was in the crate all morning from 8am-11:30am because Marn had to go in to work for a few hours. He did great and didn't mess his crate at all. When Marn got there she let him out and he peed and pooped right away, so she fed him and played for a bit then took him out again where he performed. At around 1pm, they went upstairs to watch some TV. Echo was playing fine by himself but then got up and went around the side of the couch and let it fly. Marn heard the strange trickling sound, caught him in the act and brought him outside where he finished...
I don't know if Echo was just "acting up" because of the routine change and different person taking care of him that day (missing me!) or what, but this is very disappointing. He was doing great. Hopefully this won't be much of a setback.

Marn also noticed that Echo was acting very "wired" for most of the afternoon. She said he didn't have his normal afternoon naps for an hour or two and that he wanted to play all day which kept her on her toes!

More fuel for the theory of; he misses me. :)

Anyway, he slept last night really well. Maybe because of the lack of afternoon naps? Neither Marn or myself woke up until 7am so I got up to check on him and he was sleeping! 8 hours in the crate - I think we can safely say he's pretty much crate trained now. Last night he was wiped so I said "go to your crate" pointing inside. He was SO tired and dopey and could hardly stand (so I helped him up), pointed again and said "crate" and he walked in layed down and fell back alseep no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment