3D Views with the wall down looking in from the dining room. Basic design is the same as with the wall up, but we lose some upper cabinet space.
View from inside the kitchen looking out, thinking about a wall cabinet on the other side of the dining room to make up for some of the lost cabinets in the kitchen. I'm not sure if it will make the dining room too small, though?
Marn is meeting with the cabinet maker and a friend to this morning to discuss if the wall can actually come down without problems. I believe that it can as there's nothing under the wall and it runs parallel to the floor joists. A load bearing wall wouldn't be like that.


I love it! I'm trying to think of how you can make up cabinet space.....Is there room to add another row to the back door or will it take up too much space to get things up/down the stairs? Also, remember that your cabinets will be much more efficient space wise, so you'll be able to access your stuff easier, even if they're completely full. I agree-if you plan on staying, you won't regret doing it the way you want the first time around.
ReplyDeleteOne suggestion from the cabinet maker was possibly a row of cabinets along the back of the dining room under the large window...
DeleteI'm not sure about that idea either.
Or, the other was to add drawers or cabinets on the dining room side of the island. Not sure how that would work with them being on both sides, though.
DeleteSo run them on the dining room side where the lip of the granite sticks out? So flush with the granite, and to the wall? That's something to think about for sure......
ReplyDelete