Well, the Windows are in, for the most part. They still have to come back and complete some of the finishing touches, like trim and casings and a little bit of the metal flashing and caulking to complete the outsides. Then we'll have to paint to really finish it.
THEY LOOK SOOOO GOOD!!
We're really, really thrilled with them so far. Still not thrilled at the price of them. It's amazing what new windows do to the look of the house, though. They totally clean up and freshen the whole surroundings! It's actually brighter in the house too. The old windows were so dingy. We actually ended up with slightly larger windows because the frames of the new ones are thinner resulting in larger glass. Anyway I'm so thankful that we were able to do this to the house.
It's funny, I initially didn't think that the windows did too much as far as how warm it felt in the house until last night. They replaced the 2 monster windows in the living room/dining room, which likely was the cause for most of the heat loss/drafts. Well, I felt hot all night in bed. To the point of being uncomfortable. Then this morning while playing in the kids rooms with them, I was sweating thinking why is it so hot in here?! (I wasn't doing anything that should be making me sweat!) The thermostat was at the same temp it's been all winter on weekends, which admittedly, is a little higher than the weekdays. So I turned it down 2 degrees (to 19) and so far haven't felt cold at all. As a reference, it's -9 outside right now. And the windows are not even completely sealed up outside yet! They'll probably get even better.
I'm sold so far. It's a painful price to pay for windows, but so worth it for the long-run.
No comments:
Post a Comment