Sunday, October 03, 2010

Birthday Party!

We had Violet's 2nd birthday party last Sunday, and it was a really fun time.  She was living it up and seemed like she had a blast with some of her friends and family.  We really lucked out in that Marn's grandma called a few weeks ago and said she wanted to come down for a visit because her condo was undergoing renovations.  It just happened to coincide with Violet's party so she was able to come and celebrate with us, which was great.

The bathroom hasn't seen much action since I painted the first coat, or since the party.  It's basically done now.  We hung a new mirror, and I touched up some of the mudding on the walls, so it still needs a finish coat and floor/door/window trim, as well as ceiling paint.  It looks good and we got a lot of compliments on it at the party.  :)

 Tickle trunk full of dress up clothes from Mom and Dad
 Great Ganny checking out the 3D book from a grab bag  :)
 Checking out the Bathtub Toy Scoop with her helpers
 Blowing Candles
 cake smile!

The kitchen saw some updates recently too -- we bought Marn's parent's appliances from them when they bought new ones.  They look great and really update the kitchen, but the fridge was a little too big for the space. I had to cut out about 8 inches of the cabinet above it, and then when we slid it into place, it didn't quite fit width-wise either!  We knew it would be tight as the dimensions were almost exactly the same, but we were hopeful.  It's about 8 inches from going back all the way to the wall, so either the floor is not level, or the cabinets aren't.  So, the plan is I'm going to sand the side of the cabinet down a bit to make it fit.  lol  I'm hoping to do that today.

The car situation has changed recently for us as well, and we've decided to sell my 2-door Accord instead of the older van (did I mention that we bought Marn's parents old van?)  :-(  It just makes sense.  It needs a lot of work - as it always seem to need these days - and it wouldn't work for us if the van had to go into the shop for repairs.  A rear-facing car seat will not work, and even it if it did, it definitely wouldn't fit two car seats.  So, for a short while, we're a two van family.  I say short while, because we're actually considering buying Dads BMW from him as he is trading up to a new one.  Depending on the price (I haven't looked up prices on used ones yet), and the condition, I think it's a good move.  It can still fit car seats in a pinch, will probably be better on gas than a van, and lets face it; it's not another van!  He said it has less than 120,000 kms on it which I think is great.  If we do that, we should be set for cars for a few more years.  We aren't having much faith in the older van these days either, so it might make good sense to dump that now.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! She's soooo cute. I really miss her. Wish we could have been there. Looking forward to kitchen pics when you get the fridge in......

    ReplyDelete