A bit late for an announcement, but here it is...
Desmond finally made an appearance into the world on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 6:32 AM! Apparently he was in a rush to meet everyone; Marn started labour at about 1:30 AM Friday morning. At 5 AM things were getting heavy so we called her Mom to come over. "No Rush, but come when you can" I told her, or something to that affect. Her and Drew came at about 50 minutes later. During that time, Marn's labour intensified a lot. We headed to the hospital at about 6:10 AM.
When we got to the hospital, I got out with Marn and put her in a wheelchair. I was going to wheel her up and then go park the car, but she told me to go park it and meet her up there. I heard this after, but she had contractions before the elevator, in the elevator, and then again before getting into the child birth area. A nurse came by to let her in to admit her. I showed up shortly after and just in time to hear, "she's 8 cm and her membrane is bulging!". I'm thinking to myself, wow 8 cm!? Marn's telling the nurses now that she has to push, so they wheel her into a birthing room and get her on a bed. No time to even change into a robe. Now Marnie is asking for water and the nurses tell her that they can't leave her, so I offer to get it. The nurse turns to me and says, "you might miss it". I'm like, what? Seriously? We just got here! I decide to get it anyway, and by the time I get back - maybe 2 minutes? (the kitchen was just down the hall, not far) I see that the doctor is there and Marn's water broke. Two nurses have her legs up and she's pushing...
I find out later that one of the nurses was "down there" checking her when Marn started pushing and her water broke all over the nurse. Apparently it was like a water balloon and soaked her! LOL I'm SO MAD that I missed that!
Anyway, around this time, after another contraction, Marn yells out that she wanted an epidural... I think everyone in the room laughed and the doctor tells her that it's much too later for that. The baby was starting to crown, but Marn didn't know this.
5 minutes later, Desmond was born! The doc says to Marn, reach down and feel your baby, and she was like, what?? I was first to yell out that it's a boy so I may have been a little bit excited about that. :)
So to give you an idea of the time line here, we arrived at the hospital at about 6:20 AM and he was born at 6:32 AM! LOL Yeah, 12 minutes! All in all, the whole thing took 5 hours. Quick? Heck, yes!
Marn's Mom wasn't too happy about that because she wanted to be there for it... no time!
Well, it's official, we're a family of four! Wow, that sounds weird! We were out today and Marn said to me, "can you watch 'the kids' for a sec?" That sounded very strange....
Enough blabber, on with some pics!
Love it! So thrilled for everyone, and glad you had another healthy baby. Love that last picture-adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDelete