Not here here, but ready for delivery which is happening on the 27th, and installation hopefully shortly after! We are excited!
The dry-waller has been coming every day this week after work to patch and mud and will be done tonight after finish coat/sanding. He's done the major stuff, but there's little touch-ups here and there that need to be done before it'll be ready for prime and paint. I'm hoping to start that this weekend, and also to finish removing the little bits of wall paper still stuck on the walls, and then sand. By Sunday night, I want the walls clean and patched completely, ready for painting.
I also have grandeur idea's that I'll get around to screwing down the sub floor squeaks, and patching the hole in the sub floor from the half wall being removed, and also start the prep for tile in front of the fireplace.
I say Grandeur because Marn's gone all day on Saturday, so it'll be a Daddy-Vi day all day... and you just don't get much done with her these days. She demands too much attention!
We also decided to get an Energy Audit done on the house to take advantage of some last little rebates before the end of the month. They are coming on Monday morning to do that. We had planned on getting 2 new toilets, and with the rebates, it pretty much pays for itself just on the 2 toilets alone when you consider the region rebates ($60), HRTC (15%) and the Eco-energy audit rebates ($130 each toilet) together.
Anyway, things are starting to happen now. Hopefully we'll be off the sub floor and back into a more normal house/routine soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment