Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last Day of Work!

Well this is starting to hit home now. Marnie is DONE work for over a YEAR after today!! If we planned it right, she'll have 3 weeks to relax before the baby comes, but I'm nervous it'll be here well before that. Nervous because I'm not ready!! (can you ever be?) We haven't settled on any names, and the baby room isn't finished, and we just found out that the rest of the furniture won't be here for another 2-3 weeks. I've also been complaining about a lot of heartburn lately. It comes in waves with me. I'll have it constantly for a while, and then nothing for months. It's been bad lately. Marn mentioned the other day if I'm nervous about the baby coming, and that's probably what's causing the heartburn... I hadn't thought of that, but she's likely right!

In other baby news, our Friend/Neighbour/Hairdresser, who was due 2 weeks ahead of Marn, had her baby yesterday (about a week early)! They now have a baby girl and 4 year old boy. We came home from work yesterday to see their front entrance decorated with pink balloons, tissue paper, and ribbon. We haven't gone over yet to see them and the baby, but we're so happy for them!

We also found out that our neighbours on the corner beside us are possibly selling their house and moving to New Hamburg where they both grew up (literally 5-10 minutes down the road). The for sale sign is up. This is kind of sad because they were the first people on the court, and really give it a "home" feeling. They are the "garage people", but in a good way - always there to hand you a beer or go and chat with. Super nice people as well, always willing to lend a helping hand. We knew they were thinking about it for a while, and I think the plan is they are pricing their house a little high to see what happens. They love our court, the neighbours and the larger lots we have, but they wanted a bigger house (and will have to suffer with a smaller lot). If they do move, I think they'll miss all of that more than they realize. I looked last night and they priced it at $339,900, which is about $140,000 more than they paid 5 years ago. Good deal if they get it! The only major difference between their house and ours is they have a finished basement, but our house is slightly bigger (but a different model and not on a corner). The house across the street, same model as ours, went for about $328,000 4 months ago...

Edit: The house across the street went for $302,000 4 months ago. So you can see how $340,000 is a stretch...

1 comment: