Friday, August 22, 2008

Shed

We've been talking about building a shed for a while this summer, but decided to wait until the baby was born to do it. Why? Because I'm taking 3 weeks off when that occurs! It's not a year like Marn has, but it's 3 weeks (!) and I'm really looking forward to it. Who knows how much time I'll actually have to commit to building a shed, but if I get it started, that's what counts. As long as I get a roof on it this summer, I'll be happy, but I do plan on finishing before winter in order to clear out some of the clutter in the garage.
I'm hoping to get the base started for the shed on Sunday. I'll be digging out some holes and filling with sand/gravel, then using deck blocks to level out with pressure treated 4x4's as a base. But I guess I should draw up some sort of plan first...

You may be asking yourself, what happened to the back splash? Good question! I haven't done it yet as we haven't picked out anything for it yet. But we did find a cool black/brown small square glass back splash that we think looks good. We may end up doing that, but it seems expensive. I've also heard that glass is tough to install, so I don't know. We haven't actually looked for back splash very much in the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment