I've been sick all week, and I'm getting tired of it. It sucks and I don't want to be at work (well, I'm blogging at work now....) I'm not feeling quite bad enough to stay home, but feeling crappy enough to not want to be here.
This is by far the longest and most sick I've been in MANY, many years. Marn has never seen me like this, actually. The most has been like the other week when I posted about it. I'd get the chills and sweat it out that night, but the next day be fine. This has been that, times 3+ days, congestion, sore and phlegmy throat, dizziness, soreness (feels a little like whiplash).
I think I picked it up from Cora as we spent some time with them last week and over the weekend, and she had been sick for a few days already.
I started feeling it on Sunday while we went out for brunch with Marn's family (Mandarin for Dumpling festival). I knew something wasn't right because I only had 2 helpings of dumplings (!!) and my stomach didn't feel right.
Anyway, last night was the first night since Sunday afternoon that I didn't sweat through my sheets/clothes I wore to bed, and also the first night that I didn't toss and turn all night waking up every hour. So that was nice. Things are turning!
And on a strange turn of events, Marn has been boiling hot at night while I've been freezing (yet, sweating). So it's me for once trying to steal her heat, but she's having none of it. But it's fine for her to take my heat, though!
Anyway hopefully this weekend I'll be able to kick it. Our friends Dog Niko is staying with us Friday and Saturday night while they get moved into their new house. Echo will have a blast, but this dog is a B*tch (female Doberman). She doesn't want anything to do with any dog wanting to play with her.... they've met before and both times, she just puts on a perma-growl, full teeth showing anytime Echo came near her. And Echo being the big dumb "play with me!" fellow that he is, took no notice, got snapped at a few times and kept going back for more. He just doesn't understand that language yet.... so it should be interesting. If it were up to him, he would mouth Niko while laying down beside her, all day and night long (much like he did when Mariner was here, but at least she dished it back!). It'll be a good test for him to start to learn to not play in the house.
Also this Sunday a bunch of us are driving up to Uxbridge to visit Michelle's grave. It'll be 1 year (already!) on Monday since her passing from breast cancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment