Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Turkey Dinner

Marn and I hosted our first Turkey dinner on Saturday night with Mom, Teresa and Branko. Tony and Lisa and the kids went up north for the weekend, so couldn't make it.
It was my first turkey, and surprisingly it turned out really tasty! Moist, and delicious. I injected it with garlic and and rubbed in 3 different spices... yum. We also had (Mom's recipe) cauliflower and cheese, (Branko's Mom's recipe) Baked Squash, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, corn (off the cob) and Marnie's famous biscuits.... I think I'm missing something, but it was quite a nice feast! Mom brought 2 pies; her famous real pumpkin pumpkin pie and dutch apple and Teresa and Branko brought some wine. It was a good night!
After dinner and resting our bellies, we played Yahtzee! until 11:40PM!

Truth be told, no one knew (except Marn) that I tried to make a "sunbathing" turkey... and it would have worked, but we ran out of time to try and brown it. This is what I was going for:
The "tan lines" were starting to show, but we were getting hungry, and we had to cook a few more things in the oven - the turkey took up too much room. It would have been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment