On the weekend, we managed to get most of the room done upstairs, minus some painting. Chris came over to help me mount the TV -- it looks awesome. We need to find new furniture for the stereo components, though, so we're constantly on the lookout at Winners/Homesense and other furniture stores. This week we are going to stop at Ikea to get some "hidden" shelves or whatever they're called for the two walls near the windows. Dad's old entertainment unit was taken out which made the room look so much bigger. While moving that heavy sucker, I think I hurt my back. Chris and I both struggled to lift it to get it out to the garage. I bet it weighs 160 lbs..
We also made the decision to put Echo's crate into the spare room/office once we get our new computer (2.5 weeks after ordering, and it's still not here...), and put the new computer into the living room with the TV near the front windows. We will have to pick up a smaller computer table as well for that. The large computer table will go into the basement as a craft table for Marn.
We love it so far, and are looking forward to getting it all done. We are going to have to try and get most of it done - at least the painting - before next week as we want to have it ready before our neighbours come over to watch LOST! (they may not be able to come, though).
Michelle's visitation and funeral are on Wednesday and Thursday in Markham. Marn and I took both days off, but I'm not sure what we're doing yet. We may try and meet up with our friends either before, or after one of the visitations, and then go back for the funeral on Thursday. A lot of my friends from around here are staying overnight, but I don't think we're going to do that. It's going to be a tough next couple of days....
No comments:
Post a Comment