Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Finally Painting!

Well, we have finally decided on colours for the room upstairs above the garage. It wasn't easy twisting Marn's arm to go for some colour instead of the beige/browns that we both like, and what's already on the walls - everywhere.
We are really excited to get it done because the only painting that we've done in the house in the 2+ years we've been there is in our bed room. I'm really getting sick of the drab beige/browns everywhere, although I still like it on the main floor living room.

I started on the weekend with the Deep Cranberry-like RED - wall behind the couch, opposite the TV wall. In certain light, it also takes on a burnt orange colour... We both really like it. For the three remaining walls, we have a creamy grey-green sort of colour. Hard to explain, but hopefully it'll look nice together (It does on the (Martha Stewart) pallet, and also next to the green painters tape I had on the wall!). I think we're going to start that colour tonight. For our TV wall, we're actually going to paint a lighter cream/off-white colour rectangle that will sort of frame the TV that will be mounted on the wall. The reason for that is to breakup the green wall, but also so that the ambilight from the TV is not affected as much from having a colour behind it.

This is SORT OF the colour scheme... it should give you an idea until we're done when I post a before and after shot. (I couldn't remember the colour names when I 'created' this, but it's close...)



I've also discovered (again) that I'm a pretty good painter, except when it comes to NOT hitting the ceiling! We're going to have to purchase a small ceiling white can of paint to try and patch up my miss-hits during this room, AND our bedroom which hasn't been fixed yet -- And I've only done one wall so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment