So, my new crown is in, and has been for about 4 weeks now. I'm getting used to it more and more. That might seem funny for someone who's never had "different teeth" in their mouth, but pretty much since I was a kid, I've had evolving front teeth in there. From original short, to "capped", then broken, then capped again, to dentures, then crowns on the original teeth, back to dentures after those broke off not once but twice, and finally crowns again on implants x2. Yah, that's a lot and it's been a bit pain in the ass my whole life.
So because of the bone damage (degradation over the years from dead teeth and damage), the implants/crowns could never be "perfect". I actually really, really liked them the first time before my wedding, but it wasn't to be... So now I have a lisp. yep. Trying to "not give a shit" about it, but it really irks me, especially since all of the time, pain, and money involved to get me here. The other thing that irks me even more is that I don't love to look of it. I feel it's too long. It clangs on my bottom teeth when I talk and I'm always cognizant of it.
Perhaps I'm being overly picky, but I think I should be. They are/were not cheap. I think some of the problem is that the tooth beside the new crown is also very short making the crown seem that much longer. Anyway, I *am* happy that they're in and hopefully done with for a long time. I'm just not 100% thrilled with the results. But 100% better than toothless....
We always notice the minor things on ourselves more than everyone else. I'm sure they look great (in fact, didn't I see them?). Just be thankful you still have teeth! Branko's mother just had her last 3 healthy uppers removed so she can get a full denture... she thought it would be easier than the partial she was wearing for the past few years... :S
ReplyDelete