Wednesday, December 07, 2011

I miss my Dad - I still can't really believe it


22 November, 2011 Passed away suddenly and unexpectedly while doing the two things he loved most in life, travelling and spending time with family. Son of the late William and Pauline Rolt, and predeceased by his beloved wife Marion Rolt. He is survived by his first wife Betty Rolt (nee Meyer) and their four children Tony (Lisa), Teresa (Branko), Adrienne (Dennis) and Andrew (Marnie). He was a special Papa to his seven grandchildren Madison, Mackenzie, Kaiden, Parker, Kaiya, Violet and Desmond. He will be sadly missed by his siblings Paula, Michael, Geri, Gini, numerous nieces and nephews, and special companion, Barb Fraser. He will be remembered as a good man who enjoyed life to the fullest. Les worked at Babcock & Wilcox for 31 years and after retirement, he worked at Expedia Cruise Ship Centres. Friends and Family will be received for visitation on Sunday November 27th, 2011 at T. LITTLE FUNERAL HOME & CREMATION CENTRE 223 Main Street Cambridge (519 623 1290) from 2-4 and 7-9. Funeral Service will be held at Central Presbyterian Church 7 Queen's Square, Cambridge, on Monday November 28th, 2011 at 11am. As an expression of sympathy, donations may be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation or the Canadian Cancer Society.

Condolences below;

November 26, 2011
My deepest condolences to the family. I Worked with Les for many years, golfed, played poker together with a group of friends. I was deeply saddened when I got the news that Les passed away. Les was always cheerful and we had a few laughs together.
~ Tony Ricci, Hamilton, Ontario

November 26, 2011
We will always treasure the memories of the happy, fun- filled times we spent with Les. On Friday nights, it was popcorn, beer and a movie on TV.
Our deepest sympathy to Les's family and friends. Rest in peace Les.
~Armand and Anita Rickert

November 25, 2011
All of us will miss him dearly.
~ Michael Macoritto, Medford, Massachusetts

November 25, 2011
Les coached me on the Cambridge Bulldogs. He was a good man and we looked up to him. He will be missed.
~ Ted Drew-Smith, Cambridge, Ontario

November 25, 2011
Our deepest condolences to Les' children and to Les' siblings, Paula, Mike, Geri, Gini, their spouses and children. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
~ Linda and Ed Cavallin (Friends of Paula and Ed Macoritto)

November 25, 2011
I had the pleasure of working with Les at Babcock & Wilcox Canada and enjoyed his spirit. My condolences to all of his family and friends.
~ Jamie Winegarden, Jensen Beach, Florida

November 25, 2011
I know you must be feeling a great loss. May all the wonderful memories you have make you smile and cherish the time you had together.
~ Terri Cardoza, Baden, Ontario

November 25, 2011
I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful family man. My prayers are with your family.
~ Keri Jacobs, Silver Spring, Maryland

November 25, 2011
I worked with Les for many years and have a lot of fond memories. He was always cheerful in what he did and helpful when he needed to be.
I hadn't seen him for a number years but am still deeply affected by his loss.
~ Gerry Ward, Kitchener, Ontario

November 25, 2011
My heart goes out to the family and to Barb and her girls during this difficult time. Les will be sadly missed.
~ Maureen McCarthy, Hillsburgh, Ontario

November 24, 2011
We only knew Les for a few years but soon became friends thru Expedia Cruise Center. We will miss Les and his fun loving nature. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
~ George and Denise Searle (Cambridge, On)

November 24, 2011
So shocked to hear about Les. Its been a while since I saw him as our last conversation was about 1995 and I left Canada in '97. A friend in Cambridge forwarded this sad news and I always remember Les smiling. Safe trip Les,
~ Keith Oliver, Yorkshire, England.

November 24, 2011
Les lived life on his terms and for that he was fun to know and fun to have as a friend. He will be missed.
~ Michael McParlan, Ayr, Ontario

November 24, 2011
Les was a vibrant man full of life and exuberance. He will be greatly missed.
~ Kim Principato, Ancaster, Ontario

November 24, 2011
My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief. May your memories bring you comfort.
~ Brian Newman, Cambridge, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment