Thursday, December 23, 2010

oops

The other night we were at a friends house to do an "annual" Christmas exchange/get-together with Violet and Desmond.  We put Violet down in their bed and as I was doing it, I pointed to their window (2nd story) and said, you better stay in bed and go to sleep because Santa's watching!  Something to that affect....  She said, OK, and fell asleep pretty easily, or so we thought.  About 10 minutes later we hear some crying, so after figuring out that it was "ours", I go up and see Violet and ask what's wrong.  She says to me while still sort of crying, I don't want Santa looking at me in the window!  Ugh!  Nice job!  lol
So I close the curtains and tell her that he's gone back home and won't be looking in any more.... she fell asleep fine after that, but thought it was funny.  Poor kid was scared that some dude (that she doesn't like!) is peeping in on her!
Sometimes the best intentioned plans just backfire on you!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I wouldn't want a fat old man peering in my window at me while I was sleeping either! LOL!

    ReplyDelete