Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Too Busy!

With this bathroom reno throwing our house into a complete mess and half-living there, with all the other things going on, it's completely crazy right now.  I wish I could take a week off and just do it all non-stop.
The bathroom tiling, drywall, flooring, toilet...
The 3rd bedroom, wall patching, painting...
The basement in complete disarray since moving in.
The garage in complete disarray since moving in.
The gardens all around the house and backyard completely overgrown with weeds
Having a new baby in 8 weeks!

We're both very overwhelmed right now.  We probably shouldn't have started the bathroom when we did as the timing with a lot of other things just didn't work out very well.  It might have been better to finish the 3rd bedroom first, and then do the bathroom, but we really needed it done before the new baby.... ah well, just keep hammering away at it.
I'm hoping to have the bathroom shower tiled, grouted and sealed by the end of the weekend, with new faucets installed so that we can actually shower at our own house again. That will be 3 weeks exactly.  2 weeks too long.

The reason we're so far behind?  The past 2 weekends were a bit of a write-off because we had other plans already and couldn't/didn't want to break them off.  One was a BBQ when Adrienne and the kids came from BC (ok, that was only 1 day, but I needed a break one day too) and last weekend was a Cottage weekend with the whole family.  That's 4 precious days of not doing much, or nothing at all.  I did take the Thursday off before the cottage, but didn't get as much done as I wanted to because I had other issues to take care of first -- the rag stuffed into the drain was sucked down and required me to go to Home Depot to rent a drain snake and fish that out.  What a S#!&*y job.  That ate up pretty much the whole morning that day.  This week I have 2 baseball playoff games, and Braeden's birthday dinner, so there's another 3 nights gone/partly gone.

Anyway, despite all of the set-backs, the bathroom is coming along.  I'm about 3/4 the way done the tiling.  I'll do a bit more tonight after baseball, and then some tomorrow again.  Hopefully it'll be all done by Friday so that I can grout, seal and install faucets this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment