Monday, June 14, 2010

Vacation Mode

I'm not sure I've blogged about this yet.  Maybe mentioned it here and there, but anyway.  We are going on a one week Vacation this weekend.  Where you ask?  The beautiful Caribbean?  Or Florida?  Nope, none of those - we're going to the PEG!  That's Winnipeg. Or Winterpeg, if you will....  I usually get a chuckle whenever I tell anyone where we're going.  It's not typically a place you associate with vacation, is it?  lol  With it's reputation of cold weather, mosquitoes and rain/flooding... we're praying to get nice weather!
We're going mainly because Marn's Grandma is turning 90, so we're going to the celebration and then spending the week up at Lake Winnipeg at a family cottage.  It's actually a very gorgeous location, right on the water with white powder beaches (almost like the kind in the Caribbean), called Victoria Beach. (Lake Winnipeg is very big - about the size of Lake Ontario/Erie).  We were there once before, before we were married (the weather was gorgeous that week). Nancy and Drew are driving, we're flying, and they may join us for a day or two at the cottage. Friday the 25th is the big Birthday party.

We are really looking forward to it because this will be our first real sort of vacation since before Violet was born when we went on the 2 week Cruise with the Asbury's (yes, we did go to Vancouver for a visit last year in March, which I suppose counts as vacation - but there were no beaches, or rustic cottages to be seen anywhere!).
For me, this will be the only extended vacation time I'll have this year because I'm trying to save a week when the new baby comes, a few days for around Christmas, and a few days when Adrienne comes for a long visit.  I may make up a few days when doing upgrades, etc. on the systems here over weekends, but I never know when that will happen (I'm finding it very hard to give up my weekends to do system upgrades these days!!).

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't doubt it. Violet is at such a cute age... every pose, every thing she says you just want to squeeze her and capture it in time! Have a great trip if I don't see you before!!

    ReplyDelete