Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter!

Easter was very fun this year because Violet was old enough to kind of understand what was happening. We had an easter egg hunt at Candace's house Sunday morning and she walked around holding her basket and collecting eggs that the other kids let her get - or were told to leave for her (lol). She was happy just to put one egg in the basket, though. This picture was taken Saturday at Marn's Mom's house just before dinner. Violet wore her bunny ears the whole time the next day while collecting eggs which was really cute. little did we know, Mom put on an easter egg hunt at her house as well on Sunday afternoon. We didn't bring our camera for that (because we didn't know!), but wish we had as she was once again..... very cute!

She's starting to look so big now.... :(




Here's our fireplace, almost done -- I need to finish the mantel. (this photo is highly retouched to make it "viewable". crap lighting and crap cell cam). We decided that I would do that to save some money. We bought the wood for it already from the mason, who found it through another mason friend - a big piece of Oak that needs to be cut down, sanded and stained. It's in our backyard right now, waiting to get started!

Other than that, I need to finish up the "trim" underneath the hearth as well as grout all of the slate.  It's going to have the same slate pieces on the face as on the floor surrounding the fireplace.  ... or, because we have tons of the veneer brick left over, I could put that around the bottom - not sure just yet.

Hopefully I'll get to that this week.

2 comments:

  1. Wowee! Looks so great, can't wait to see it with the mantel on. Do you think it'll be done before I get there? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say yes, but..... lol

    ReplyDelete