Monday, October 27, 2008

I haven't updated the blog in a few weeks. No real excuse, but I have been busy at home and work for the last couple of weeks. It's actually kind of nice that I'm busy at work, for a change. It's almost like all these (kind of large) projects came my way and now I'm trying to stay on top of it all, and trying to prioritize.
In my defence I've delegated the majority of Blog updates to Marnie, but she hasn't pulled through yet! She's only running on limited sleep and feedings every 3 hours. What's the problem?? :) *duck*

Violet is growing nicely, she's grown 2 inches since birth, we think (how can you really get a true measurement of a little squiggly, legs scrunched up munchkin?) We have her at 22.5 inches now and probably close to 10 lbs. I need to upload some recent pictures as she's really changing these days. Filling out too. Buddha belly and legs rolls are starting slowly. She's also starting to smile for real and mimic our face expressions, like tongue out - she sometimes doesn't quite get it, but she's trying and really studies your face at times. It's so cool and fun. She has a great smile so we're trying to capture a good one on film to post.
Her "poo face" is pretty funny too, so we'll have to get one of those also. It's a really concentrated look off into space with lips pursed together like a fishy face. We have a friend with a similar aged baby and she has the same face, so it's probably fairly universal, but still funny. She still has frequent "man toots" which also provide many moments of comic relief. Show me someone who can't laugh at the noises coming from that, and I'll show you someone who just can't appreciate the finer points in life!

****

I finished* shingling the roof of the shed last night. It stopped raining early afternoon and actually got nice enough to get out and do it, so I took the opportunity. The only thing left to do now is install the doors and windows, and create the steps/ramp - I probably won't get to the steps or double-door this year, so I'll likely board that up over the winter. Overall it's looking really good. There's just one wonky part of the roof, but if I don't show you where, you may not notice, so I'll just leave it at that...

* except for the peak and trimming the overhanging shingles around the edges - ran out of day light. 6:30pm darkness sucks.

I've created a Google online photo album for pics of violet, which is here. But you've seen most or all of these already taken by others (Krista Hall Jefferson) and posted on Facebook. We still haven't received the link or notification that our photo shoot is ready for viewing, but we'll update here with that link when we get it.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment