Marn is at the cottage all week, while I'm slaving away at work. well, ok - I'm blogging now, so how hard can it be, right? =) But I'm still not swimming and relaxing like she is.... We rented a cottage for the week with her family up north by the Muskoka's. She has 3 or 4 weeks of vacation to use up before the baby comes, so it worked out nice for her. I was going to go as well, but decided not to because I'm trying to save vacation for when the baby comes, and a week for around Christmas. It looks like I may end up taking just one week of vacation, and then one week of unpaid leave, or something like an on-call basis for the second week.
It's hard to believe, but there's only 6-7 weeks left before our lives will be changed forever! When I put it like that, it sounds so ominous. And it doesn't help when that's all you hear from other friends, family or acquaintances... WE KNOW ALREADY!
As far as baby prep, here's where we're at, and still need to do:
- paint the room, 1/3 done.
- rug cleaning, haven't started.
- curtains for window and closet, haven't bought/made.
- kitchen floor grout sealing, haven't started (I'm kicking myself for not doing this yet - the grout is getting ruined) - but will be done this week!
- kitchen back splash, haven't started, and haven't picked out yet.
- crib, and baby furniture, bought!
- stair gates, haven't bought, but lots of time for that.
I'm sure I'm missing others, but those are the major one's right now that we'd like to finish soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment