Sunday, December 16, 2007

SNOW!

If you've been living in a cave the last few days, you might not know that we're currently being hit with a TON of snow... It started last night, then stopped for a bit, then started up again this morning some time early. I woke up at about 7:30 to Echo wanting to go out, so at about 8 I finally gave in and let him go. I had to shovel the snow out of the way to let him out because the wind had created a nice snow-drift about 1 foot up the back door. I decided that since we knew this was going to be a horrible day with snow, I'd shovel the drive way - one of many to come today, I'm sure. It took me almost an hour and I was drenched with sweat and covered in snow. It was already about a foot deep or more in some parts, mostly due to the wind... now, at 2:30pm, it doesn't even look like I was out there at all! unbelievable! It's completely covered over and by looking at it from inside, about TWICE as deep as this morning! Did I mention that it's still snowing? Hard? Ok, not as hard as before, but still snowing. If I had to guess, we've gotten 2 feet today. Maybe not that much in reality, but because the wind drifts it right over our driveway, it's MUCH deeper there than a lot of places.
My back is going to love me tonight! To make it worse, 5 people on my court have snow blowers, so they're in and out in 30 minutes. This one's going to take me a while longer....

No comments:

Post a Comment