About a week and a half ago, we had some nice weather that prompted the feelings of the start of summer in what had been a dreary spring (and has continued to be until about yesterday!). So, feeling in the spirit, I got out the BBQ (ok, so wheeled it away from the house) to grill up a little steak and veggies for Marn and I. Get it all out and checked it over. Everything looked ok, so I turn it on and fire it up - it lights on the first attempt - Sweet! Turn up the knobs to full to let the winter crud burn off, and then prepare inside for our first grilling of the year... About 20 minutes later, the smoke has stopped or slowed and I decide it was time to put the meat on. After doing that I go back inside, and 5 minutes later come out to turn them over.... and wouldn't you know it, we ran out of propane! It must have run out as soon as I put the steak on because the meat was still cold and completely uncooked. hmmph.... we settled for fried steak and microwaved veggies that night.
nice start to summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment